Saturday, August 6, 2011

...and then there were 6

That's RIGHT!!!! Pretty soon we'll be a family of 6! What does that mean? Well.....it means we are adopting 2 children from Malawi! Through much prayer and discussion and even more prayer we feel God calling us to adopt two! That's a big change, especially since we haven't identified the children we're adopting yet. So, we are venturing into the unknown, but that is a lot of what adoption is about. We knew that would be the case, so we are just taking it one day at a time, asking God to lead us where He would have us. Right now, He has us waiting patiently on Him. I'll admit that I struggle sometimes in the area of 'patience', but God has really helped me grow in this area throughout the adoption process and I pray He continues to always grow me. As humans, we want things done right now and in the manner we expect them to be done, but the Almighty has bigger and better plans....ALWAYS!


So, let me update you on some more things that are going on right now with us. We sent out our FBI Clearances out on Thursday morning, so they should be receiving them between Tuesday and Thursday next week and then we wait....for 8 weeks! for them to process our information and fingerprints. "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"  Also, I've been researching orphanages and using my contacts in Malawi to find children eligible for adoption, but I've come up empty...But God knew that on the right day, at the right time, He would show us the children He wants to add to our family. The other night, as I became impatient and frustrated with the fact that we are 3 months away from being able to go to Malawi to pick up our children that haven't even been identified yet, God led me to a website I had never even seen before. Even with all of my long hours of research on orphanages in Malawi, I had never come across this site and when I opened the website, it read, "Want to Adopt?". YES YES YES we do! They have two orphanages, one in Kenya and one in Malawi. I got the contact information for the director of the organization and will contact him first thing Monday morning. Whether this is the orphanage that we adopt from or whether God is leading us to work with this man to find children we can adopt, He will reveal that to us in His timing! I can't say that I'm not excited for that phone call Monday morning, because I AM! But "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"


We are so thankful for all who are and have partnered with us, whether through prayer or financially giving bc  it is helping us bring our little ones home! If you are not partnering with us, WILL YOU CONSIDER supporting us through prayer and/or financially giving? Any gift is a gift much appreciated, as adoption (whether domestically or internationally) is costly.


I haven't yet, so let me break down the total cost of our adoption process to Malawi for you:


Home Study Fee (with document fees): $1,950
I-600 A Form, I-600 Form: $1,050
Malawi Lawyer &court costs: $1,500
Documents, Passports & Birth Certificates in Malawi: $200
Flight Costs for bringing our Children home: $2,600
Airfare Costs for my trip to and from Malawi: $1,700
Home Study Fee in Malawi: $200
U.S. Attorney Fee for Legalizing our Adoption (La does not recognize international adoption): $500

Total= $9,700


To date, we have only paid out our Home Study Fees. Again, we have been so blessed by those who have supported us, who have helped us raise close to $400! Thank you!!!!! We look forward to one day sharing with our children, the story of their adoption and how so many helped bring them home, through prayer and financial gifts of support!!!


"God is good all the time
He put a song of praise in this heart of mine
God is good, He's so good
All the time"

No comments:

Post a Comment