Thursday, March 24, 2011

"...for to you do I pray." -Psalm 5:2

Psalm 5:1-3 "Give ear to my words, O Lord; consider my groaning. Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray. O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch."


This in itself is my prayer! And my cry is for our child in Africa to be covered by God's grace, even if we are thousands of miles away physically from them. Not knowing what they look like, their age, anything about them can absolutely drive us crazy (and honestly sometimes it does), but then I remember that the Lord has said, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." and He knows our child. He knew, before that child was even born, that they would be a part of our family in an incredible way. They are our child, even if we don't know them just yet, they are out there...somewhere in Malawi. And there isn't a day that goes by that we don't cry out to God for protection for them, for provision of food and shelter and I believe in my heart that He hears our cry "And my God shall supply every need...according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." We strive daily to instill in our children the need for prayer and to live according to God's will for their lives. And even at a young age, I believe Hannah and Noelle see that faith in us (even though, I know we fall short). We are not perfect parents, but we want to live a life that GLORIFIES GOD and shows our children how to live for a GREAT GOD!


So, we ask that you would pray with us that God would continue to open doors daily for our adoption. Here is a quick update on where we are today with our Malawi Adoption:


-3/4 of our paperwork is filled out for our Home study (it will all be completed by next Thursday)
-Thursday March 31st we have our 1st home visit for our Home study. This is a 3 hr long visit with our social worker in our home (paperwork, interviews with every family member, and viewing of interaction between us and Hannah and Noelle)
-Contact has been made on the ground in Malawi with both a IMB missionary couple and a Scripture Union Malawi worker, all of which have agreed to help us in all they can. The Scripture Union worker, Laura (who we guess is around my-Ashley's age) is wonderful. I spoke to her this morning and she told me that she knows the director of the Crisis Nursery and would love to be a part of our adoption (both in traveling to the orphanage and meeting with the children and directors for us to guiding us in other areas of our adoption from the Malawi stand point.)
-T-SHIRTS ARE COMING! A great designer friend of Trey's is working on a T-SHIRT to help us raise money for our adoption. We will post pictures and prices of the T-SHIRTS on the blog when they are completed. This will be a way that everyone can be a part of our adoption journey in a special way!


We know that with our adoption we're not able to share new information everyday (as the process is slow), but we thank you for keeping up with our family and this incredible journey! We will continue to keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment