Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I Will Follow"

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone
                           

   -Chris Tomlin "I Will Follow"


  It has been awhile since our last post, but God has worked in our lives tremendously over the past 2 months and the time away was time well spent in prayer. God paused our adoption process to reveal, yet another step forward in our call to missions. As many of you might know, Trey and I have felt called to International Missions (Africa) for a very long time. God has instilled in us a desire to build and run an orphanage in Kenya in the near future. We haven't left yet, only because God has things in store for us here and now (right now). We are anxious to be in Kenya, but we are more excited to always be in God's will! His will for our lives today is for us to move to New Orleans for Trey to finish his schooling at Seminary and to continue and finish our Ethiopian Adoption. Sometimes it's hard to wait on God to reveal things to us; and to be honest, when we felt God calling us to put our adoption on hold, it was very hard for us to imagine our child sitting and waiting for us to bring him/her home. There were many tears shed, but at the same time God used that time to focus our attention on another part of His unique plan for our lives...Seminary! We are excited to have a wonderful opportunity for Trey to finish his degree while still in the states and excited for the opportunities to minister to many people in New Orleans, La. It was after the surrender to the call to move and leave our comfort zone here in Amite, La that God began to bring us back to the adoption process. "Woo-hoo" is all I felt inside! We are now on His track, once again, and even more in love with our Savior Jesus Christ. It's so neat to look back and see what situations God used to reveal His plan for our lives, to us. So, as we continue in our adoption process we daily seek His will for our lives, our family's lives, our future children's lives, and our current and future ministries!

No comments:

Post a Comment